40 Things I’m Teaching My Daughter
At a moment in my life, way back when, I always had this internal intuition that Drew and I would be blessed with a daughter. Argue with me he may, but I was RIGHT! From the moment I was pregnant with each of our babies, I never needed to ask if it was a boy or girl. I always just knew! Deep down inside, my life was meant to have each one of my precious babies.
The idea of having a boy terrified me, I always thought I was most compatible with girls. Obvious reason, because I am one. Turns out boys are a breeze. Once I knew that I was having a girl, it actually terrified me more. I thought I knew girls until having a boy. And let me tell you boys and girls are soo different! Not ever a bad different just an ‘Oh, this is different’! They look alike and are curiously alike. Personalities are different, play time is different and strong headed much different.
My kids have taught me a lot in life and now because I have grown up a girl and already see girl traits in my daughter, I want to make sure that I’m teaching her these things in life. Many of them also can apply to Owen, I just feel like girls sometimes face more challenges in life. And as a mother, I never want my daughter to fear them. I want her to overcome them and be better because of that. Many of these things are left as a reminder for me when I may get off track. Many of these are things that were taught to me by my mother….
- You are loved.
- Kindness always matters.
- Count your blessings. Ever single one. For you are lucky.
- Always have chocolate close.
- Love your body no matter what.
- Love yourself no matter what.
- You are strong.
- Your capable of anything you put your mind to.
- Rescue yourself. It’s much more fun.
- Always be honest & genuine. You’ll feel a whole lot better when you do.
- You don’t always have to be the best.
- Be happy with what you can do, rather then what you can’t do.
- Know that you are always enough.
- The most beautiful thing you can do is smile.
- Have a voice and make it heard. So far at 2 your doing a good job at this…
- Friends may come & go. Always know a true friend will never go.
- Find beauty in everything.
- Don’t be afraid to try new things.
- Stay true to your morals & beliefs.
- Don’t ever change for anyone.
- Keep your head up
- Feminism. Repeat.
- Happy girls are the prettiest.
- Keep things in the past and look towards the future.
- Never accept anything less than you deserve.
- Love always prevails.
- Don’t take no shit from no man.
- Everyone has a story. Don’t ever judge.
- Think before you speak.
- Life is short. Don’t ever spend time worrying about the ‘What if’s’
- Gilmore Girls.
- Never settle
- You are not alone.
- Your brother will always be your best friend.
- Love your family & respect your elders.
- Value education.
- Picture perfect is never that.
- Keep your standards high.
- Quality time matters.
- You are loved.
Photography By: Four Leaf Photography