Now, in no way would I ever think I was a ‘Bad Mom’. I definitely don’t consider myself a perfect mother either. A lot of my life is surrounded by my children so many of you don’t watch me doing my thing on a daily basis. Social media may make it look like I have my shit together but I don’t so don’t be fooled. I’m just like every other mom out there trying to juggle work, my house, kids, being a wife, playdates, appointments and everything else in between. My house is 90% of the time a mess and dinner is never on time. I curse A LOT and forget even more…
One thing that I can tell you is that I LOVE my children more than anything on this planet. I would do anything and everything that I can for them, to make them happy is my goal everyday. They give me so much joy & they love me soo much! Sometimes I fuck up, it’s inevitable. Sometimes I’m embarrassing and say silly things, but that’s all part of being a mom. My grandmother did it to my mom, my mom did it to me. It’s kind of like tradition!
The movie Bad Moms of course inspired this post (if you haven’t watched it yet, you must) I only wish that I had watched it 8 years ago when I was first pregnant with Owen. It would have saved me on a lot of sleepless nights stressing out, and those days of doubt. I think that mom shaming & judging should be a thing of the past. It’s hard to be that ‘Perfect’ mom. I’m sure as hell not that. I’m a good mother and I kick my ass everyday for my kids. Even if sometimes I half-ass at things, for my sanity. I still care and that makes me a good mom!
16 Of My ‘Bad Mom’ Confessions | Wait, should I be concerned that I came up 15 just like that…Sit back with a glass of wine and please no judging!
- After a long day of work, to buy extra time to make dinner I feed my kids popsicles or smarties to keep them quiet.
- Television is an occasional babysitter.
- Convenient store lunches happen at least once a week.
- I always forget one important thing for the diaper bag. Diapers, wipes, both.
- I often hide to eat my chocolate or lie that it’s all gone. But really, I’m just waiting until they fall asleep to eat it in peace.
- When Drew’s home, I sit in the bathroom longer than usual so I get some quiet time. If he can do it why can’t I?
- When the kids sleep, I toss 50% of their crafts/drawings they make. They make a lot, it’s hard to keep EVERYTHING!
- I blame things on Drew so I don’t get the heat… Sorry hun, love you.
- Things don’t get picked up unless theres a drive thru.
- Clean laundry will either sit in the dryer or a basket for weeks.
- Oven ready meals are a lifesaver.
- I’ve been late for either school, daycare or work for the last year.
- ‘Mmmhmmm’ is on automatic when Owen rambles. I hear the important things and for the rest I’m in daydream land.
- Owen still believes in the Tooth Fairy, Santa Claus, Easter Bunny.. I’ll tell him soon, I just want for him to hang onto his childhood a tad bit longer. I don’t lie, I just don’t explain it either.
- I say Shit A LOT. Owen reminds me on a daily that he’s not allowed to hear curse words.
- I tell Owen I can’t run or jump because I’ll pee my pants. Not a lie, I actually can’t do any of those things because of that. Joys of natural childbirth!
I can’t be left hanging, let’s hear some of your ‘Bad Mom’ Confessions….
Keisha Lynne, xx